10 Minutes of Exercise CAN make a difference.
10 minutes of exercise can improve your outlook, mood and overall health. Try doing this 1 to 3 times a day!
One of the biggest complaints I hear from people regarding there day to day life would be there is not enough time for exercise! The intention is there but the day slips away from you.
Believe me, I understand. I try to schedule my workouts in the morning so I don’t flirt with the idea of playing hooky all day.
Try this short workout:
Set Timer for 10 minutes.
See how many Rounds of the following exercises you can do.
5 Push ups
10 Sit ups
(Just getting moving again? Start with wall push-ups or start on your knees).
You can do this!!
The Big Leap: Conquer your hidden fears and take life to the next level.
About 6 months ago I had the realization I had to turn up the volume on my marketing skills and get out of the dark ages and start to understand the world of social media and advertising.
I was listening to a fitness business coach named Bedros Keullian and he suggested that we all read The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks, Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, and Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill.
I started with The Big Leap. Now, I do NOT have enough spare time to read so I listen to audio books in the car. The Virginia Beach Library has a good selection of audio books that you have access to after you download the Hoopla App. I entered my library card # and proceeded to listen. I was hooked. This book talks about self sabotage and has a language of it’s own with phrases like “the upper limit” and “zone of genius” to name a few. I was listening for business reasons but it spoke to so many other parts of my life and relationships.
Gay Hendricks writes about upper limits and the way we start to sabotage ourselves when anything in our life gets “too good.” We reach an upper limit of what we feel we deserve, and then we sabotage things until we get back to a level where we feel comfortable. The book is about how to transcend these upper limits and allow more good things into our lives.
I’ve suggested this book to clients and a couple friends and colleagues and not one bad review. It helped me…….I hope it help’s you. 🙂
I am happy to be working here in my home now. I have started to get comfortable and find balance between working in and out of the home. My Pilates/Fitness Training business is here on the oceanfront at the North-end of Virginia Beach.
Please come and check out my space. I’ve been here and teaching Pilates Mat and Reformer at my home for a little over a year now. I love it and plan to reduce my hours out of the home and increase my hours here in the future. I’m starting to get the bugs out of all the technical stuff and I am ready to increase my clientele and hours. This includes evenings and weekends.
Please contact me through this site or feel free to call or text at 757-620-0175. Sessions are by appointment only. Take advantage of the introductory rates I am running at present and come and have some fun with me.
I was inspired to write a post today but didn’t know on what. How about on feeling inspired and grateful? 1st quarter of 2014 was difficult, I lost my Mom in January…such a sad and low time. The weather was insane all over the country which was harder to cope with than people realize!! My stress level was so high I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t get my own workouts in and I was eating poorly and way too much. Danger on so many levels!
What did I do to turn things around? I hired a couple of trainers to make me accountable 2 days a week and I took 2 Group Fitness Classes another 2 days. I couldn’t really afford NOT to. Spending money to get back on track was worth it! Once I started training regularly again I was able to clear my head and get the paperwork done that was hanging over my head and stressing me out so much. Then I was able to sleep and eat better. Voila!!
I’ve dropped 3 lbs so far, I am experimenting with different food plans and I feel great. Thank you to those that tolerated my derailment. Thank you to Alysa and Lou the 2 fine trainers that helped whip me back into shape. Even Trainers need Trainers!
I hope this inspires you to do what it takes to get you back on track and in shape. 🙂
My Diet until Thanksgiving is over!! I am feeling a little defeated and disappointed! My last weigh-in was today…. Final…138.8 This means I gained 2.2lbs since my last weigh in on 11/15! And my total weight loss for November was only 1.6 lbs! 🙁 Say what!?? WTF!!! How can this be?? Did I gain muscle riding my bike to my new job? I doubt it….. I am disappointed!! 🙁
I missed last Friday’s weigh-in and workout because my son was ill. I held tight and continued on my diet all through the rest of the week until today as normal. Over the weekend I felt thinner, looked thinner. I was so excited for weigh-in, I just couldn’t get to the Gym in the mornings. I fantasized about continuing threw December and getting down to the weight I was in my 30’s….129lbs. Yum! I was positive I had lost at least 5 lbs!! Here I was focusing on the numbers. Dammit!! I know better!! I do NOT own a scale just so I do NOT obsess. I go by the mirror. A friend suggested I use my body fat analyzer next time and I will for December. I am going to try this again from December 1st to December 21. No doubt. I am on a roll now.
Oh well, I have decided to be happy. Lets face it 1.6 lbs x 12 = 19.2 lbs a year. Might as well try again in December for the first few weeks. Wish me luck…..December will be tough! lol! lol!
My Diet until Thanksgiving – Week 2 (Weigh-in) I Lost only 0.4 lbs! Started at 140.4 and I am at 136.6 total of 3.8 lbs lost. in 2 weeks.
OK, I admit I was disappointed. The first week I did so well and the second I struggled and cheated and it showed up at weigh in. Shock! For example, I went to a buffet to just eat a salad and by the time I left I had eaten every kind of animal they served…..cow, pig, fish, and chicken. Oops! I decided to call it my “free cheat day”……. There will be no more of those until Thanksgiving Day! I worked out 5 days this week but my problem has always been what I put in my mouth.
I admit, this second weigh-in has made me want to try harder this week and I did well over the weekend. I went to a friends pizza party on Friday night and brought my own chicken salad and avocado. I didn’t want to NOT attend. I explained my “packed dinner” and they were fine with it. Don’t feel like you can’t socialize with your friends, you just can’t eat what they are eating.
Funny, while I was writing this my neighbor came over to invite me over for fresh homemade pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream. I was there in a New York second. I’m smart. My girlfriend is one of the best cooks there is. Like I said I had a good weekend and I am not going to miss out on a “gift” like that 🙂 Pumpkin is my favorite. No guilt.
However, I am really going to hit it hard this week with workouts and see if I can get to a 5 lb. loss total for my Friday weigh in. That means 1.2 lbs of goo off my body this week! I’m on it!
When all else fails, try again.
Quick Workout. Modify if needed. Decrease rounds for Beginners. Increase a round for Athletic individuals. You can do this anywhere!
30 Second Plank
10 Lunges (each side)
You can do this outside, on the beach, in the air-conditioning…….Anywhere!
Time yourself for fun.
Record this workout and in the future you can do the same one and see if there are improvements.
I woke up in the foulest mood today! I’m sure that my sleeping only 4 1/2 hours, my boobs hurt, and I could cry at a drop of a hat had something to do with hormones. At any rate I was NOT my positive, happy self and I was fit to be tied, not trained.
Anyway. I am better now and this is how I changed my attitude.
- CRY if you want to and can get away with it. It is o.k. You probably have a darn good reason too! I did.
- Take a NAP or just close your eyes if napping at work is not acceptable! Regroup and reset.
- Take a shower or wash your face. (Or jump in a pool! That is what I did today, ’cause I could :).)
- Do some reading or paperwork. Get your mind busy and produce, that is how I wrote this.
- EXERCISE or just take a walk. Ha! It works, another benefit to my wonderful job!
- Compliment someone (on-line if you can’t get out cause your too grumpy!)
- Facebook if you have funny friends like me OR YouTube something funny.
- Drink some Tea.
Done deal. Now I’m ready for another nap!
Think I don’t understand how hard it is to set time aside for exercise? I do.
Setting time aside is hard for me to do too! I realize that in order to have a successful website/blog. I have to write. But days, I mean WEEKS go by and I lie in bed thinking how I will DEFINATELY do it tomorrow, only to discover the meaning of an epic fail (as my 9 year old would say.) And as the days go by I feel out of control of my day worse about myself, sound familiar? Different subjects, same feelings.
So, lets do this together…….
- Decide what kind of exercise you want to do – Do yo want to lose weight? Do you want to relax? Do you want to stay fit and healthy? Figure out what your goal is and then you might have an easier time picking a time of day to work-out. Do you need a shower after your workout? Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Set an appointment or schedule a time to do your work-out- You must. Despite how impossible it may seem, there’s always time for exercise in your day. Even if you can only spare a half hour two or three times per week, identify that time slot and get moving. Whether it’s waking up a half hour earlier to do a Pilates DVD, skipping lunch for an hour of strength training or an evening run after the kids are settled, there is time to exercise if you really make the effort. Sign up for a fitness class. Hire a trainer 🙂 !
- Set reasonable goals – Don’t get crazy, start slow. Add on slowly, don’t overwhelm yourself! I am going to start with a 1/2 of writing a day……..which will probably turn out to be 4-5 times a week. Which will give me at least 1 blog per week!
- Make exercise a priority – Inspire yourself to exercise. Think about the physical and emotional benefits you’re receiving. It’s sometimes helpful to reward yourself, such as new gym clothing, for completing a good work-out, and sticking to an exercise routine.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself- If you or your child is sick, or you simply had a rough day at the office, it’s all right to miss one day of exercise. You simply want to make the time to exercise on a regular basis. Don’t fault yourself if you have to skip a day as long as you’re dedicated. Remember it’s all about you and feeling good about your achievements!
I recently treated myself to some 100% virgin organic coconut oil at Trader Joe’s for $5.99! I kept hearing about the benefits of this magical product from friends on facebook, at the gym, etc. I had to try it, I was just plain curious.
Coconut Oil, which is derived from the meat of matured coconuts, is a mild flavored & extremely stable oil. Thanks to this stability, it is suitable for cooking and heats well to high temperatures. It is yummy!
Out of pure laziness I added a couple links for this post because these gal ‘s say it all already! I have personally tried most everything on this first list except for #1, 7, and 8. But you can bet your petootie, I will try it.
I found this list of 101 uses of Coconut Oil just plain fun to read. Enjoy!
I LOVE Coconut Oil and I am so glad I found this miracle of nature! 🙂