10 Minutes of Exercise CAN make a difference.
10 minutes of exercise can improve your outlook, mood and overall health. Try doing this 1 to 3 times a day!
One of the biggest complaints I hear from people regarding there day to day life would be there is not enough time for exercise! The intention is there but the day slips away from you.
Believe me, I understand. I try to schedule my workouts in the morning so I don’t flirt with the idea of playing hooky all day.
Try this short workout:
Set Timer for 10 minutes.
See how many Rounds of the following exercises you can do.
5 Push ups
10 Sit ups
(Just getting moving again? Start with wall push-ups or start on your knees).
You can do this!!
My good friend Karen Edge is the “snack lady” of our Fitness Department. If I’m hungry at work or need nutritional or fitness advice. I go to my pal Karen! This stuff is SO good I had to get the recipe from her and share!!
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of raisins
2 cups of large flake unsweetened coconut (toasted or untoasted)
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 cup of toasted peanuts
1 cup of toasted pecan halves
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of walnuts
Toss all ingredients in a bowl and store in a airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
7/18/2013 Quick Workout
40 Jumping Jacks
Repeat 2 times for beginers and 3x for intermediate or continue for 20 minutes.
Always warm up with a few reps. of each exercise and a short jog. Cool down and stretch, you are nice and warm so your muscles are nice and pliable and ready to stretch.
Fast and Furious Workout – How many rounds can you do in 20 minutes?
40 Jumping Jacks
40 Mountain Climbers
40 High Knees
30 second Plank
40 Mountain Climbers
Always start every workout with a warm-up. Jog/Run for about 10 minutes and practice every move for 5 reps. THEN start the clock and see how many rounds you can get in 20 minutes. Hit it and have fun!!
Thursday-Quick Workout. Here it is…………………
10 Squat Jumps
Quick Workout. Modify if needed. Decrease rounds for Beginners. Increase a round for Athletic individuals. You can do this anywhere!
30 Second Plank
10 Lunges (each side)
You can do this outside, on the beach, in the air-conditioning…….Anywhere!
Time yourself for fun.
Record this workout and in the future you can do the same one and see if there are improvements.
Group Training is big fun AND effective as it provides important benefits!
On weekdays I get up and get my son ready for school and l then head for my group training class at 9:00 am. I start my day out with the same people almost every day and I am a better person for it. We guide one another, cheer each other on, joke around….. or not. I have shared personal struggles with the guys and gals in that room that I might not elsewhere! It is a form of therapy for me and I have grown really attached to that time I share with the people in that room and have incorporated that hour faithfully into my life!
Group Training Provides:
So grab some friends and get in shape!
Think I don’t understand how hard it is to set time aside for exercise? I do.
Setting time aside is hard for me to do too! I realize that in order to have a successful website/blog. I have to write. But days, I mean WEEKS go by and I lie in bed thinking how I will DEFINATELY do it tomorrow, only to discover the meaning of an epic fail (as my 9 year old would say.) And as the days go by I feel out of control of my day worse about myself, sound familiar? Different subjects, same feelings.
So, lets do this together…….
- Decide what kind of exercise you want to do – Do yo want to lose weight? Do you want to relax? Do you want to stay fit and healthy? Figure out what your goal is and then you might have an easier time picking a time of day to work-out. Do you need a shower after your workout? Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Set an appointment or schedule a time to do your work-out- You must. Despite how impossible it may seem, there’s always time for exercise in your day. Even if you can only spare a half hour two or three times per week, identify that time slot and get moving. Whether it’s waking up a half hour earlier to do a Pilates DVD, skipping lunch for an hour of strength training or an evening run after the kids are settled, there is time to exercise if you really make the effort. Sign up for a fitness class. Hire a trainer 🙂 !
- Set reasonable goals – Don’t get crazy, start slow. Add on slowly, don’t overwhelm yourself! I am going to start with a 1/2 of writing a day……..which will probably turn out to be 4-5 times a week. Which will give me at least 1 blog per week!
- Make exercise a priority – Inspire yourself to exercise. Think about the physical and emotional benefits you’re receiving. It’s sometimes helpful to reward yourself, such as new gym clothing, for completing a good work-out, and sticking to an exercise routine.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself- If you or your child is sick, or you simply had a rough day at the office, it’s all right to miss one day of exercise. You simply want to make the time to exercise on a regular basis. Don’t fault yourself if you have to skip a day as long as you’re dedicated. Remember it’s all about you and feeling good about your achievements!