It’s the holidays and the world seems to be covered in chocolate!! Everywhere I go, whether it is a friend’s house or work I am confronted with candy, cookies and other indulgences. What do I do? I am like everyone else, I eat. I try my best to eat in moderation and sometimes I do well, other times I don’t. So I thought it would be helpful to go online and look for some tips on how to win or at least fight the battle of the bulge during the Holidays.
- Before you go to a party, eat something healthy so you are already partly full.
- Drink water in between alcoholic drinks
- Pop a mint or a piece of gum in your mouth before you enter a party
- Eat vegetables first
- Take only 3 bites of a dessert
- Choose only the items you REALLY want
Here are the lowest calorie cocktails
- Vodka and club soda or seltzer with a lemon or lime
- Bloody Mary (extra spicy)
- Glass of Pinot Noir or Champagne
- John Walker Black or Rum and Diet Coke
- Scotch on the Rocks
- Light Beer
I found these pictures from the My Fitness Pal Blog (this is a free App that I highly recommend to all my clients that are tracking calories.) I found these pictures of party plates really helpful.