Think I don’t understand how hard it is to set time aside for exercise? I do.
Setting time aside is hard for me to do too! I realize that in order to have a successful website/blog. I have to write. But days, I mean WEEKS go by and I lie in bed thinking how I will DEFINATELY do it tomorrow, only to discover the meaning of an epic fail (as my 9 year old would say.) And as the days go by I feel out of control of my day worse about myself, sound familiar? Different subjects, same feelings.
So, lets do this together…….
- Decide what kind of exercise you want to do – Do yo want to lose weight? Do you want to relax? Do you want to stay fit and healthy? Figure out what your goal is and then you might have an easier time picking a time of day to work-out. Do you need a shower after your workout? Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Set an appointment or schedule a time to do your work-out- You must. Despite how impossible it may seem, there’s always time for exercise in your day. Even if you can only spare a half hour two or three times per week, identify that time slot and get moving. Whether it’s waking up a half hour earlier to do a Pilates DVD, skipping lunch for an hour of strength training or an evening run after the kids are settled, there is time to exercise if you really make the effort. Sign up for a fitness class. Hire a trainer !
- Set reasonable goals – Don’t get crazy, start slow. Add on slowly, don’t overwhelm yourself! I am going to start with a 1/2 of writing a day……..which will probably turn out to be 4-5 times a week. Which will give me at least 1 blog per week!
- Make exercise a priority – Inspire yourself to exercise. Think about the physical and emotional benefits you’re receiving. It’s sometimes helpful to reward yourself, such as new gym clothing, for completing a good work-out, and sticking to an exercise routine.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself- If you or your child is sick, or you simply had a rough day at the office, it’s all right to miss one day of exercise. You simply want to make the time to exercise on a regular basis. Don’t fault yourself if you have to skip a day as long as you’re dedicated. Remember it’s all about you and feeling good about your achievements!